Welcome to NWFPV's WiKi page!
Check http://www.nwfpv.com for updated event schedules and club details!
We are a large community of enthusiasts, builders, and pilots all over Oregon and Washington. We host races, build events and a welcoming atmosphere for all hobbyists.
Code of Conduct Northwest FPV is a group dedicated to all things FPV. Wings, Race, Freestyle, Airplanes, Cats, Dogs. If you can put a camera on it and somehow control it... we're all about it. We are based in Portland, OR, USA - but serve everybody in the Pacific Northwest of the United States.
Please adhere to the following rules:
- Do not post pictures or videos of illegal activities (if you do not know the local or federal laws, please take some time to educate yourself)
- Do not post inflammatory text or "troll" people.
- We are an active AMA group and we try to color within the lines as much as we can. We expect you to as well.
- If you have to ask "Should I Fly Here?", you probably shouldn't.
- Northwest FPV actively talks with city/state officials as well as local parks departments to fight for spaces to legally fly. Please remember this when flying yourself.
Want to chat with us? Join discord and join our chat! https://discord.gg/YEkSbdY
This is a living document and is subject to change.
Places to Fly
We are currently looking for a home field. If you know anybody who owns a large parcel of land that wouldn't mind us taking control of, please let us know. We are a 501(3c) non-profit, so we are able to accommodate tax-deferred land use and we come with our own riding mower to maintain the field. Please send an email to email@example.com if you have a lead.
NWFPV Permitted Fields
(Fields in which we have an active relationship with the landowner)
(Locations in which there are no rules NOT to fly and overall our experiences have been positive)
- Skyline Watertower
- BeaverCreek Park
- Glenwood Community Church
- Delta Park
- Drive to the end of the park, there is a small flying field. Have a spotter and beware of the street people.
- Meldrum Bar Park
- There is a RC car course to the left (South) of the boat launch. Flying is allowed in the fields when there are no baseball or soccer teams present.